It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:43 am

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Mohawk Laser Bow Help Please
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:49 pm 

I was given this Mohawk Laser From my ex father in law years ago. I remember talking with him and his friend John who they had said was the Inventor of this cool looking bow. As I was a life long Bow Shooter we had many good conversations about this Bow that the "Inventor John" had made and given to his friend and then given to me. Life Flew by and that Bow stayed on my wall for any to admire. I was thinking of selling it for a few bucks and then I remembered the talks about its history. I decided to do some research on it and found its a rather rare piece.
So here I am. I have wanted to get the bow dialed in but its pretty intimidating and maybe requires someone skilled in this action. Plus my friends keep taking turns trying to get me to give it up to them so I hope I can find any info on how to go through a Bow like this. Its in need of a Rebuild after all these years hanging but I am really wanting to dial it in and use it.
Is there any serious info and video on this rare Bow that I may look at to do research?

Thx

Post subject: Re: Mohawk Laser Bow Help Please
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:22 pm 
Site Admin

I would recomend a new string before doing any shooti first. I would also take the bow apart and clean inspect before reasembly. If you have any other questions you can call 207 441 3875 weekdays 8am to 8 pm est.

Oneida Falcon
Oneida Switchblade Prototype

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:26 pm 

A Mohawk Laser... very nice! One of the bows I keep looking for with very little luck... any chance you could post some pictures just so I can be envious of you? :)

Don't think you'll find anyone beyond Joe that can offer solid advice on fixing one up... call the number he gave you and talk to him should you need help.

Gerry

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:33 pm 

Thank you for the info. I will make that call. I have hit hard times and am now homeless stuck in my Adirondack cabin. Because of this I will have to sell this bow and much more so I may have travel $ to find warmer climates and work.

THANK GOD FOR LOCAL LIBRARY

Gary

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:44 pm 

Truly sorry to hear of your misfortune... sad to say my reply to your post in the classified section won't be viewed as good news given your situation.

Post a few pics if you can... get a length of the bow or string as I mentioned in the classified section.

In all honesty... if the bow is in good working order and in fair condition cosmetically you might get $500 in today's market but figuring out the draw length of the bow will very important... they were made in 27-28", 28-29", 29-30", and 30-31"... potential buyers will want to know what it is.

Gerry

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:34 pm 

Thanks for the reply and information. I will post some pics in classifieds. The Bow needs a new string but all else is nice. its #50 = 31" so its a general length and with a release you can gain more length. Again ThaNK You

Gary

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]